Friday, April 20, 2018

No.71
A Brown Squirrel
with thanks to 
Pexels.com



-mcmd-

Words of Wisdom?

By the time you swear you're his,
Shivering and sighing,
And he vows his passion is
Infinite, undying -
Lady, make a note of this;
One of you is lying.
- DOROTHY PARKER 1893-1967

The more I see of the moneyed classes,
The more I understand the guillotine. -
and
Beauty is all very well at first sight, but who ever
looks at it when it has been in the house three days. -
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW 1856-1950

An optimist is a person who sees 
a green light everywhere, while the
pessimist sees only the red stop-light. 
The truly wise person is colour-blind. -
ALBERT SCHWEITZER 1875-1965

There is, of course, no reason 
for the existence of the male sex
except that one sometimes needs
help with moving the piano. - 
DAME REBECCA WEST 1892-1983

-mcmd-

  The Revolution
painted 1896 by
Valentine Cameron Prinsep 1838-1904
Calcutta-born, British nationality


-mcmd-

My Fancy
A poem by Lewis Carroll
(Charles Lutwidge Dodgson 1832-98)

I painted her a gushing thing,
With years about a score;
I little thought to find they were
A least a dozen more;
My fancy gave her eyes of blue,
A curly auburn head:
I came to find the blue a green,
The auburn turned to red.

She boxed my ears this morning,
They tingled very much;
I own that I could wish her
A somewhat lighter touch;
And if you ask me how
Her charms might be improved,
I would not have them added to,
But just a few removed!

She has the bear's ethereal grace,
The bland hyaena's laugh,
The footstep of the elephant,
The neck of a giraffe;
I love her still, believe me,
Though my heart its passion hides;
She's all my fancy painted her,
But oh! how much besides!

-mcmd-

A quiet spot of the
River Teith at Callander




-mcmd-

The next post here will be on 
Friday 27th April

namasté

-o=0=o-


No comments:

Post a Comment