Monday, March 19, 2018

No.48

-o0o-

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
Its loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.
- John Keats

-o0o-

The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity, and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself. - William Blake

-o0o-


The Orchard
painted by Thomas Cooper Gotch

-o0o-

The tall tree looked down at the little reed growing below and said, “Why don’t you plant your feet deeply in the ground, and lift up your head in the air as I do?"
"No. no,“said the reed, "I’m quite happy as I am, and I think I’m safer down here."
"Safe!" sneered the Tree, "I’m sure I’m much safer - I’m big and strong.“
The next day however there was a tremendous storm, the tree was torn up by its roots, and flung down - a useless log. The little reed was able to bend in the wind and, when the storm had passed, was standing up straight, completely unharmed.
And the moral is - Obscurity often brings safety.

-o0o-


-o=0=o-

No comments:

Post a Comment