Wednesday, December 27, 2017

No.8


-o0o-

Working From Home
Phil J. Johnson

The grass needs cutting,
I must mend the gate.
I'm expecting a parcel,
I hope it's not late.
I must get a wash on.
There's the ironing too.
The gas bill needs paying.
There's so much to do.
I must send that email.
I can't really moan,
This is the life,
When you're working from home.

I'm due a long lie in
I must feed the cat.
There's the dishes to do,
I'll get round to that.
I'll de-frost the freezer
If I've got time,
But I'm watching the cricket.
Sky Sports is just fine!
I'll look at that spreadsheet,
Use my mobile phone,
So everyone knows
That I'm working from home.

-o0o-



-o0o-

In ancient times the Greek physician Aratus, an early weather forecaster, once wrote, “If croaking frogs drone in the swamps, drenching rain shall fall from the clouds.”

It wasn’t till the 19th century that weather forecasts became a realistic possibility and in 1861 a Met Office forecast appeared in the Times newspaper. However, following an objection from the Royal Society, the venture was halted and no further forecasts in the press appeared for another 11 years.

There was a time of course when people relied on old weather rhymes. Here are a few -

When black clouds cross your path,
Black clouds much moisture hath.

When clouds appear like rocks and towers,
The earth’s refreshed by frequent showers.

Mackerel sky, mackerel sky,
Not long wet and not long dry.

Of course we all know "A red sky at night is the shepherd's delight, a red sky in the morning is the shepherd's warning."

-o0o-

LAO-TSU RIDING ON HIS WATERBUFFALO

Laozi (Lao-Tsu) was a philosopher and poet of ancient China. He is best known as the reputed author of the Tao Te Ching and the founder of Taoism. Although a legendary figure, he is usually dated to around the 6th century BC and believed to have been a contemporary of Confucius.


-o0o-

I'm Kindu Kodi Sonovason , better known as "Cody." I'm a basenji, an Egyptian or African dingo. whose ancestors date back 3,000 years to Africa. Instead of barking. we produce an unusual yodel-like sound commonly called a "baroo." Unlike other dogs, we produce tears when we cry and we clean ourselves just as a cat does.


CODY’S MANTRA
If I like it, it’s mine
If it’s in my mouth it’s mine
If I played with it EVER, it’s mine
If I can take it from you, it’s mine
If it’s mine, it can never be yours
Even if it looks like yours, it’s mine
If you’ve had it, put it down, it’s mine
If I chew it, all the bits are mine
If it was yours, get over it
Because once it’s broken, IT’S YOURS!

-o0o-

NEXT POST - FRIDAY 29th DEC.

-o=0=o-

No comments:

Post a Comment