Wednesday, November 29, 2017

No.2


I came where the river
Ran over stones;
My ears knew
An early joy.
And all the waters
Of all the streams
Sang in my veins
That summer day.
- Theodore Roethke

-o0o-

By the time it came to the edge of the Forest, the stream had grown up, so that it was almost a river, and, being grown-up, it did not run and jump and sparkle along as it used to do when it was younger, but moved slowly.
For it knew now where it was going, and it said to itself, "There is no hurry. We shall get there some day." Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh.



A river seems a magic thing. A magic, moving living part of the very earth itself. - Laura Gilpin

-o0o-

My Tao

One day a young student came to Zen Master Bankei with a problem.
“Master,” he said, “I can‘t control my temper and I go into a terrible rage. What can I do?”
“Show me what happens," replied Bankei.
The young man shook his head and explained that it just happened unexpectedly.
“Well,” said the master, "This bad temper can’t be the real you. If it was, you’d be able to show it to me at any time. What’s more, you didn’t have it when you were born. Why don’t you go away and think about that.”



-o0o-


"You said there would always be room for a dog"

Next Post - Friday

-o=0=o-

No comments:

Post a Comment